Competition Day CodeTags: control, software, and think
Task: Update our code
While at the Wylie quaiifier, we had to make many changes because our robot broke the night before.
First thing that happened was that the belt code was added. Previously, we had relied on gravity and the polycarb locks we had on the slides but we quickly realized that the slides needed to articulate in order to preserve Superman. As a result, we added the belts into our collector class and used the encoders to power them.
Next, we added manual overrides for all functions of our robot. Simply due to lack of time, we didn't add any presets and we focused on making the robot functional enough for competition. During competition, Karina was able to latch during endgame with purely the manual overrides.
Finally, we did auto path tuning. We ended up using an OpenCV pipeline and we were accurately able to detect the gold mineral at all times. However, our practice field wasn't setup to the exact specifications needed so we spent the majority the day at the Wylie practice field tuning depot side auto (by the end of the day it worked almost perfectly every time.
We were lucky to have qualified early in the season we could make room for mistakes such as this. However, it will be hard to sustain this, so we must implement build freezes in the future.