Meeting LogTags: organization and think
Meeting Log September 15, 2018
Today's Meet Objectives
As our brainstorming and discussion continues, we are putting our ideas into action and making various prototypes and designs. We will continue to work with our new recruits and let them participate in a meaningful way with our building and in getting ready for competition.
Today's Meet Log
- Further brainstorming and discussion Taking some inspiration from 30 hr robot reveal videos, we have continued the brainstorming for this year's robot. Our main subjects of discussion are our intake and lift, and some ideas that were thrown around were a conveyor belt-like intake and a lift that utilizes a linear slide which lifts the robot chassis. The details of our brainstorming session can be found at (E-19, Brainstorming Two - Enter the Void).
- Prototyping and linear slides Today, Abhi worked on a hook for hanging off the rover at first with Styrofoam, and then began a 3D model. Evan started working with our new linear slides (see the picture below); we expect to use linear slides a lot this year, with reaching into the craters and hooking onto the rover. We pre-drilled some holes into these new slides using an optical punch and a drill. Janavi worked with a different linear slide kit, this kit is lighter than our new kit, which is helpful, but it is very delicate and requires precision to put together.
- Field setup Many of our new recruits returned today and have continued to be active. During the week, we received the field parts, so we had them help us put it together so that they can be familiar with the field design and with certain power tools. They also helped with various devices we worked on, like the linear slides, etc.
- Chassis testing We plan to use the chassis we built this summer for preliminary autonomous testing. Janavi and Kenna got Garchomp up and running today and added a better and more secure phone holder so we can run autonomous.
- Vision and autonomous We began exploring in Open CV so that we can have a visual tool to find the minerals; the algorithms we are exploring can be used for both autonomous and tele-op. We had a discussion on our goals for vision this year, which can be found at (E-20, Vision Discussion). We also began mapping our autonomous paths to act as guides to our coders.
Today's Member Work Log
|Team Members||Task||Start Time||Duration|
|Karina||Robot build and team marker design||2:00||4 hrs|
|Abhi||Open CV||2:00||4 hrs|
|Charlotte||Blog and brainstorming||2:00||4 hrs|
|Ethan||Working on blog||2:00||4 hrs|
|Kenna||Robot build||2:00||4 hrs|
|Justin||Field assembly||2:00||4 hrs|